Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

...So apparently I'm infected?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fajen

Fajen

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

I have a Win7 64-bit computer with Comodo antivirus and web security, along with Adblocker. On Monday, I started getting emails from denizens of a site I frequent (woldiangames.com) that their antivirus programs were blocking that site; it turns out it had been hacked and had an iFrame virus embedded. I had just visited that site, well after these warnings started, and Comodo hadn't made a peep. So now I'm in that horrid am-I-or-aren't-I stage.

Possible causes for concern:
My system bluescreened twice Monday and once Wednesday night; it had been stable the past few months (ever since I quit Old Republic)
...really, not much else.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 EliotAxer

EliotAxer

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:26 AM

Here's what you can do to find any viruses or other malware on your computer: Download Autoruns (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx) This program will detect all files that are configured to run during system boot up, including malware. Once you've downloaded the program, restart windows in safe mode, so that any viruses you may have will not be able to run. Once in safe mode, open Autoruns. You'll still see all programs configured to run upon start up, even though most of them were not allowed to. When Autoruns is open, click the "Options" tab, "Filter options", and make sure all boxes are checked. This will filter out most programs that came default with the computer. Now, look over the list of programs found for anything that seems unsafe or suspicious. Anything not verified or unknown will be highlighted in red. Right click these files and left click "Search online" to find info on these files, and delete them according to what you find. Since any viruses were not allowed to run in safe mode, they won't be able to duplicate themselves once deleted, so they should be gone. If this doesn't work, trying a virus scanner might work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users