Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Keeps Crashing To Bluescreen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lupson1990

Lupson1990

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium v6.0 SP2
Type: 32 bit
CPU: Intel Core Duo T6400 @ 2GHz
RAM: 2 GB
Dell Inspiron 1525

Salutations,

My computer keeps going to bluescreen every time I try to boot normally. I have to keep using the setting called " Last Known Good Configuration " in order to get windows up and running.

The system will pass the BIOS screen and the Boot Logo and The Login Screen and begin to load the desktop and then part way through something crashes the computer every time. I checked the Event Viewer and under Application logs it showed that Apple Bonjour was seriously erroring out so I removed the product with UruSoft's Your Uninstaller! 7. This seemed to help a little bit but then it happened again. I find no real other errors so far in the event viewer of any consequence, but who knows. I then used Yamicsoft's Vista Manager to do a full system file scan, repair all system components( including hidden files), and also to fix the Windows MSI installer and the Windows Management Instrumentation Cache. I then cleaned out all of the various temp folders under all "Users" Folder locations and also at c:\Windows\Temp. I then scanned and cleaned the registry with both Yamicsoft and with CCleaner's tool then gave it a good solid defrag and it is still happenning. What should I do now? I really do not want to have to reinstall my laptop. Thank you for your time and assistance in this matter.

L.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KING_OF_SAND

KING_OF_SAND

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

Uninstall ALL apple software and see if that helps. Apple software and Vista never got along.

AMD OVERCLOCKED rig

Posted Image

INTEL OVERCLOCKED rig (OLD)

Posted Image

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

I would try Microsoft Fix it Center Online - http://fixitcenter.support.microsoft.com/Portal/GetStarted .

Louis

#4 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

Hello, and :welcome: to the BC forums.

Use Windows in Safe Mode/"Safe Mode with networking" to do the following: It works just fine.

Let's collect some more information: I'll have a look at it and help you try to resolve the problem.

:step1: Please follow the instructions: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 8, 7 & Vista

(Note: When you run BSOD_Windows7_Vista_v2.64_jcgriff2_.exe, it will also run autoruns.exe ... and both need to be in the Documents folder!)
... with one exception to the following line under Step 4:
  • "Create a new thread HERE and attach the file(s)."
The BC forums will allow a total attachment size of only 512 kb (and what you need to attach will exceed this limit).
  • Please upload the zip file to a file sharing website of your choice and and post a link to it in this thread so that we can access your uploaded zip file.
See the suggestions in the following links for recommendations on file sharing websites:
  • http://lifehacker.com/388284/best-online-file-sharing-services
  • http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/15-great-free-online-file-sharing-alternatives/
  • http://www.smashingapps.com/2008/08/28/5-best-free-file-hosting-services-to-store-your-files.html

I can recommend Posted Image: Also suitable is Posted Image

:step2: Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy, and post a link to it in this thread.
  • It is a convenient and accurate way of providing us with details of your computer specifications.

Note: *** Unfortunately, this step will not be possible in any Safe Mode. ***

:step3: Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
  • Checkmark the following checkboxes:
    • List Installed Programs
  • Click Go.
    When the scan is finished, a text file will open in a Notepad window.
  • Copy the entire contents of the Notepad window, and paste in your reply.
    (Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.)

Edited by AustrAlien, 13 July 2012 - 12:09 PM.

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#5 Saurabh A

Saurabh A

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:28 AM

Hi Lupson1990,

My name is Saurabh.

I understand the inconvenience that you may be facing due to blue. Would be glad to assist.

I would highly recommend you also run the Dell Hardware Diagnostics – Pre Boot System Assessment. Please find the process to run the diagnostics by clicking the following links:

1) PSA Diagnostics: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?&docid=DSN_300428&isLegacy=true
2) If the PSA Diagnostics pass, please run the Extended Test on memory: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?&docid=DSN_155502&isLegacy=true

Kindly mention the results of the tests. Will take it forward from there on.

Thanks & Regards
Saurabh_A

Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 August 2012 - 07:14 AM.
Revealed links and removed spammy content. ~ OB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users