Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my man's computer has bchelper.exe

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sybl_a

sybl_a

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

My boyfriend was infected with Browser Companion Helper (bchelper.exe). I used malwarebytes full scan to remove it, but there are still some lingering symptoms. AVG would not start up (will post error message that comes up later). I had some redirects from Youtube to a torrent site, computer was running painfully slow. It is still running slowly (though not so bad as before) and bchelper.exe no longer appears in the task manager. It tried to knock Malwarebytes off, but was thankfully unsuccessful. It also said "your malwarebytes trial has expired" partway through the scan (again, it didn't close). I will post the log if anyone here wants it. Another odd symptom was that things he'd erased reappeared on the desktop. Can somebody point me in the right direction as to how to get rid of this for good? His computer is a Dell Inspiron and the system is Windows Vista.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users