Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sound stuttering, slowing down on laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bitesized1612

bitesized1612

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

Okay, I was having an issue with my sound stuttering or slowing down. Even the windows tones sounded like they were being stretched out. I looked around for details on the issue -- not a lot of Vista results, but it seemed like I would need to reinstall my up-to-date drivers. <_<

I came across this post, I think talking about having no sound at all? And tried the restart service fix, completely fixed. :) I still don't know what went wrong and honestly, it seems like Vista was having a nervous break down. Anyone else having this issue?

Edited by hamluis, 13 July 2012 - 08:49 AM.
Merged topics - Hamluis.

Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit) // HP EliteBook 8460p = 2.50GHz + 8GB RAM 

AVAST! - Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox - LibreOffice - Rainmeter

Currently Testing: Linux Mint 17.3 XFCE on a Dell Inspiron 531 (2.1Ghz +3GB RAM)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bitesized1612

bitesized1612
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

Okay, problem's back. :( Is this a hardware issue now?

I have no idea what is going on, but whenever sounds play on my computer they stutter and hang. I've tried various quick fixes, like refreshing the service and checking the drivers. I did some research but it didn't enlighten me any further for an Acer laptop with a Realtek audio. Could I get some help narrowing the issue down?

Edited by hamluis, 13 July 2012 - 08:50 AM.
Merged posts - Hamluis.

Currently Testing: Linux Mint 17.3 XFCE on a Dell Inspiron 531 (2.1Ghz +3GB RAM)

#3 bitesized1612

bitesized1612
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

Update (for anyone else with a similar issue):

I downloaded and installed the most recent Realtek Audio driver, fought with getting it to replace the old driver (didn't really work out), restarted system, have a new icon in my tray that's the new sound manager, but still have the same problems sometimes with web video graphics jumping around and then all of the sound on my laptop being choppy. :( Then I put the computer to sleep for a few hours instead of completely shutting it down to work on it later, but when it came back up, bam! everything works perfectly. :blink: So I don't know if the real problem was fixed or not but if uninstall something that used a sound driver and it acts choppy (what happened last time probably, I uninstalled quite a few things), don't restart just put to sleep for a bit and it get itself in order again? That's really weird, Vista. You normally hate sleep mode. <_<

Edited by bitesized1612, 02 August 2012 - 11:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users