Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chucky2

chucky2

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

All of a sudden my outlook express is not formatting MIME formats...any ideas ..thanks

Edited by hamluis, 12 July 2012 - 07:32 PM.
Moved from XP to Web Browsing/Email - Hamiuis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:44 AM

Can you post the operating system and outlook version so more help will guide you in solving the problem? Thank you.

Tekken

#3 chucky2

chucky2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

I'm using Win XP...I have re-downloaded Internet Explorer 8..still no change..I have shutdown my Firewall..no change ..Then my antivirus..no change ...it is not with every email but every so often...it is with different people... one email could be OK from a person then the goobly gook in the next email ..miles and miles of coding...at first it looked like a virus as it had so much coding .. coding meaning letters and numbers...there is also lots of =20 whatever that means.
thanks

#4 chucky2

chucky2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

This is what I get at the top of the message...other times is says MIME format
--_203bc452-4c6f-43c0-8a55-360968cc06b9_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

.it is not with every email but every so often...it is with different people..

Are they from your contacts or known to you? What outlook version? Make sure they are not spam being sent to you.

Edited by jhayz, 14 July 2012 - 09:59 PM.

Tekken

#6 chucky2

chucky2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

I have found the problem...I use Comodo firewall and iolo System Mechanic system shield and antivirus...by process of elimination the cause is my antivirus...why this is happening I don't know ..in the meantime I've downloaded AVG antivirus till I find out why...AVG is working fine..thanks for your help

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

I would suggest using Microsoft Security Essentials or Avast instead of AVG. Check the latest top rated free antivirus since some websites differ in statistics or ratings. But the first two are consistent.

System Mechanic system shield and antivirus

This is the first time I've heard of such antivirus for system mechanic which is long known for unwanted registry fixtures. Stay away from these products. Thank you also for giving out the solution to your problem. :thumbsup:

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users