Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Delete gmail account

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kanlinnaye

kanlinnaye

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

Last three weeks ago, My account was always online and I was changed my passwords. However I change the passwords, My account was always online. That is why I was delete it. Now, I need some data from that gmail account. I want to get back that account. But I don't know how to recovery my delete ID of gmail (googlemail ID).
Please tell me whoever know about that.
Thank you..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

When you deleted your gmail account it was totally wiped out. So was your mail. There is no way to reactivate it.

The only thing you can do is try to set up a gmail account using the same name. It may not work if they hold deleted user names for a period of time before releasing them to be used again.

If it does work your previous mail would not be there.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 12 July 2012 - 07:37 PM.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:34 AM

http://www.piriform.com/recuva/features/recover-deleted-emails
Recuva is the only program that I can think of, but you must reclaim that Email Account first -
After 3 weeks it may be a bit late to contact Gmail Help for advice -

Good Luck -

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:48 AM

Recuva works only if an email client is used. If mail is accessed via the web there is no point in using Recuva to retrieve mails.

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

The email program doesn't delete the email or emails to the Windows Recycle Bin, but rather empties its own internal trash or Recycle Bin. Fortunately, Recuva has the solution to this problem.
Email programs like Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, or Mozilla Thunderbird don't store emails individually.
Rather, they store each folder as a database file. For example, there might be a folder for the Inbox, another for Sent Mail, another for Drafts, one for the Trash and another for emails you've saved.

Edited by noknojon, 13 July 2012 - 07:59 AM.

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

That applies ONLY to email clients, which stores messages on the computer.

Email programs like Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, or Mozilla Thunderbird

These are email clients.

If kanlinnaye does use an email client there might be a chance the mail can be recovered. It may not find mail used by clients other than Outlook Express, Thunderbird and Windows Live Mail. (I use eM Client and it has never found any deleted from there)

It does not apply to messages deleted in WEB based mail, where it's stored on a server. This is not an email client.

Once removed from the server, if no client is used, it's gone forever.

In this case the method for mail access has not been mentioned.

Recuva searches your hard drive, not the main mail server.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 13 July 2012 - 09:14 AM.

#7 kanlinnaye

kanlinnaye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

Thank you for all of your advise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users