Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard & Computer Fan Question ??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 newbie320

newbie320

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

Hello I just purchased a HP Pavilion HPE h9-111ot Phoenix cto desktop pc. The motherboard is a Pegatron IPISB-CH2 motherboard. It only has two fan connectors on the motherboard which are in use. One for the cpu and one for the case exhaust. Shouldn't it have more than that? Also I bought a extra fan and it came with adapters but I still could not find any power leads that fit it coming from the 600 watt power supply?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KING_OF_SAND

KING_OF_SAND

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

Wow 600w?! Are you sure there is no Molex connection on the PSU? Also you can split the headers on the Motherboard. ONLY THE EXHAUST ONE!

AMD OVERCLOCKED rig

Posted Image

INTEL OVERCLOCKED rig (OLD)

Posted Image

#3 newbie320

newbie320
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Yes its 600 watt. The power supply has no 4 pin molex connectors coming from it. There are some free Sata, 2 pin, 4 pin, and 6 pin connectors?? It is my understanding that the 4 pin and 6 pin ones are for pci express but why is there so many of them.

Thanks for the ides about the splitter. So you can use that on the exhaust only. Are their any adaptors for the connectors I mentioned that will work. The fan has a 3 pin plug?

Thanks so much for your help..

#4 KING_OF_SAND

KING_OF_SAND

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Yes its 600 watt. The power supply has no 4 pin molex connectors coming from it. There are some free Sata, 2 pin, 4 pin, and 6 pin connectors?? It is my understanding that the 4 pin and 6 pin ones are for pci express but why is there so many of them.

Thanks for the ides about the splitter. So you can use that on the exhaust only. Are their any adaptors for the connectors I mentioned that will work. The fan has a 3 pin plug?

Thanks so much for your help..

You can use them on a CPU header but it not recommended as when you split the header which is 12v it separates 6v to each fan. and almost all CPU fans use all 12v because they are generally higher performance fans. Some more extreme motherboards have more volts per header but I doubt yours does.

Also (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1ASUM_enUS490US490&q=sata+to+molex&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1920&bih=989&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=7738514722949373026&sa=X&ei=aZ__T82oKOiw2wXkpMCgBA&ved=0CJsBEPMCMAU)

And here (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1ASUM_enUS490US490&q=sata+to+molex&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1920&bih=989&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=6941287068985288381&sa=X&ei=aZ__T82oKOiw2wXkpMCgBA&ved=0CJQBEPMCMAQ)

AMD OVERCLOCKED rig

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 newbie320

newbie320
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:54 AM

Ok. Thanks so much for the links. I will get a sata molex adaptor instead of a y splitter. Appreciate your help.

#6 KING_OF_SAND

KING_OF_SAND

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:08 AM

No problem.

AMD OVERCLOCKED rig

Posted Image

Posted Image