It is very frustrating to deal with, and I have been trying to replace parts and diagnosis the issue on my own for some time now. (I am a computer technician at a local mom and pops computer repair store) So I know a decent amount about fixing and diagnosing computers.
I'm not sure on what data to even give to start with, but I'm just going to go ahead and throw out some stuff I recently did.
-Just bought a new 650W RAIDMax PSU and installed it a week ago, didn't fix the lock-ups.
-I also just yesterday installed a new 120GB SSD and in the process had to update my motherboard bios to work with it.
Even after those two replacements I have the same continuing issue...
I have done a lot of random things I've thought to try over the course of this year. So ill just bullet point some of it, so this isn't so long.
(This is in no specific order)
1. Replaced, reseated, cleaned the slots, and did several memory tests which came back with no errors.
2. Reinstalled Windows 7 Pro on both my old 500GB HDD and this new 120GB SSD
3. Replaced my CPU coolant with a brand new one to make sure it's not overheating
4. About 6 months ago I bought a new video card, an AMD HD 6950
5. Moved everything over to a different case just to make sure there wasn't some bad metal contact.
6. Completely removed my 1TB External HDD which is plugged up via eSATA.
7. Unplugged every unnecessary USB device, CD/DVD-ROM, and anything else not needed to just let the computer boot up.
8. Installed all and any driver updates I could find for my motherboard.
I am currently on my laptop writing this seeing as my desktop froze up when I was halfway through the first time, which I can use to easily reply as fast as possible.
I'd like to note that since yesterday when I installed the new SSD it seems to lock up a little more frequently, but can't be completely sure.
My desktop specs are
- Windows 7 Pro 64bit
- AMD Phenom X4 9500 Quad-Core Processor, 2.21 GHz socket AM2+ (940)
- ASUS M2N32-SLI DELUXE motherboard with Nvidia chipset (SPP190)
- 6GBs of DDR2 RAM (2x2GB, 1x1GB,2x512MB)
- AMD Radeon HD 6950
- 120GB Mushkin SSD
- DVD-RW Drive
- External eSATA 1TB HDD
I have a program called CPU-Z installed so I can upload the full text file with my specs but it seemed a little huge and ridiculous.
But let me know of any other info I can give to assist in any way to fix my computer.
I greatly appreciate any and all help!
Edited by fuhrainkey, 12 July 2012 - 05:22 PM.