Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD on Dell laptop.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 KitKat50

KitKat50

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

I have been receiving a BSOD for the past 2-3 days. As soon as I login and when the system is loading my info, the BSOD appears. My son has been using my laptop playing games this past week as we were on vacation. I don't know how to figure out what exactly is wrong. Can you help?

I have a Dell Inspiron.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF800032F826E
BCP3: FFFFF8800BE876E0
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\071212-20514-01.dmp
C:\Users\Kathy\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-56659-0.sysdata.xml

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KING_OF_SAND

KING_OF_SAND

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

I would restore back before you left your computer with your kid.

AMD OVERCLOCKED rig

Posted Image

INTEL OVERCLOCKED rig (OLD)

Posted Image

#3 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Coincidentally, a remarkably similar concurrent topic: Windows Vista Keeps Crashing To Bluescreen

Let's collect some more information: I'll have a look at it and help you try to resolve the problem.

:step1: Please follow the instructions: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 8, 7 & Vista

(Note: When you run BSOD_Windows7_Vista_v2.64_jcgriff2_.exe, it will also run autoruns.exe ... and both need to be in the Documents folder!)
... with one exception to the following line under Step 4:
  • "Create a new thread HERE and attach the file(s)."
The BC forums will allow a total attachment size of only 512 kb (and what you need to attach will exceed this limit).
  • Please upload the zip file to a file sharing website of your choice and and post a link to it in this thread so that we can access your uploaded zip file.
See the suggestions in the following links for recommendations on file sharing websites:
  • http://lifehacker.com/388284/best-online-file-sharing-services
  • http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/15-great-free-online-file-sharing-alternatives/
  • http://www.smashingapps.com/2008/08/28/5-best-free-file-hosting-services-to-store-your-files.html

I can recommend Posted Image: Also suitable is Posted Image

:step2: Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy, and post a link to it in this thread.
  • It is a convenient and accurate way of providing us with details of your computer specifications.

:step3: Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
  • Checkmark the following checkboxes:
    • List Installed Programs
  • Click Go.
    When the scan is finished, a text file will open in a Notepad window.
  • Copy the entire contents of the Notepad window, and paste in your reply.
    (Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.)

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#4 KitKat50

KitKat50
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

AstrAlien, thanks for the info. My grandkids arrived earlier than I thought. I haven't had the opportunity to follow your instructions. I am thrilled by your help. I will within the next two days be able to follow the information & post the results. Thanks.

#5 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:55 AM

:thumbup2: No worries!
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#6 Saurabh A

Saurabh A

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hi KitKat50,

My name is Saurabh.

The BSOD may also originate due to a hardware related issue. I would therefor recommend you to kindly run the Pre Boot System Assessment (Dell PSA) to check the computer for any hardware related issues.
Kindly click the following link to run the hardware diagnostics: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&docid=DSN_14B3819735D6B40EE0401E0A55177ED2&isLegacy=true
Also run the extended custom test on memory if the basic test passes just fine. Kindly refer to this link to do the same: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?&docid=DSN_155502&isLegacy=true

Kindly also make a note of the error messages if any, during the assessment. Once that is done, please write back with results. Eager and Glad to assist.

Thanks & Regards
Saurabh_A

Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 August 2012 - 07:11 AM.
Revealed links and removed spammy content. ~ OB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users