Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor display is bright

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JohnniSays

JohnniSays

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

I have an issue. I have a Samsung T220 LCD monitor that is currently connected to my PC via VGA. Whenever I go to a website that has a white background (Google, etc), it seems as if the brightness is cranked way too high and the links are not visible.

I have tried using the Samsung MagicTune, no luck. I also tried hitting 'reset' in menu, no luck. I also tried reducing the brightness to "0", nothing.

Any ideas? Could this be a 'gamma' issue? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 S3cS3arch3r

S3cS3arch3r

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

I had an old Samsung TFT that had a similar issue.

That monitor had not only the regular settings, but was divided among 4 "quick menus" as well, called menu -> display -> 'cinema' / 'automatic' and 2 others I can't remember, it turned out those quick-settings where of FAR MORE influence that the manual settings, especially towards brightness / gamma.

Hope it helps, good luck,

\0/
-Sec

#3 The_Outkast

The_Outkast

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

Are you using an AMD graphics card?

#4 S3cS3arch3r

S3cS3arch3r

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

I also noticed the individual color settings (Red, Green, Blue) can go a long way, in the case you're still with us...

-Sec

#5 abs999

abs999

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

You could try installing these NVIDIA drivers for your card. They're circa 2005 which are the latest for your video card. If your video card is capable of adjusting the monitor brightness then those drivers should be able to do it. If you're already running drivers from NVIDIA then uninstall them first, and then install these new drivers.

#6 abs999

abs999

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

Click the icon at the very right of the panel and select System Settings.

In the Hardware section, click Power Management.

Adjust the Set display brightness slider to a comfortable value.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users