Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My video card driver keeps crashing and recovering, it's getting worse.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jukeboxx

Jukeboxx

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hello,

My monitor displays this image every now and then "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered
Display Driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 301.42 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

For some reason it gets worse and worse. At a certain point it just freezes. I got this video card only a few months ago so I doubt that it's about to die. What can I do? It's already given me a few BSODs this morning. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Thanks for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ShadyD

ShadyD

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

Does it do this randomly, or does it happen when you are doing something specific or running a specific program? Which video card to you have?

#3 Jukeboxx

Jukeboxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

I have the NVIDIA GeForce 560 Ti. It does it pretty randomly but more often when I use videos. I don't even have to be using videos when it freezes sometimes. Firefox seems to be the worst./

#4 ShadyD

ShadyD

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

Who manufactures the card?

I'm at work at the moment and haven't been able to do any real research, but have you tried installing the newer .79 beta drivers?

Also, saw this one: try going to your nVidia settings, go to 3d/Global and choose 'Prefer max performance'

#5 Jukeboxx

Jukeboxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

EVGA manufactures it. I will. I also opened up the computer, dusted it, and found that the screw for the card was loose. This might have caused the rotation of the fan to be off so that might be one of the reasons. Also there was some plastic seal on it that I never took off that I did. Hopefully it's fixed now but let us see.

thanks dude

#6 ShadyD

ShadyD

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

No prob. Sometimes a bad connection can mess up all sorts of things. I cleaned out the machine the other day and my network card completely stopped working. I had to pull the card out and reinsert it, and it worked just fine.

The higher the bus speed, the better the connection has to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users