Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Hheatsink-Fan Wires Came out,where do these go? (picture)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dovedescent7

dovedescent7

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

HI,

This is the fourth laptop i have tinkered with.Its my brother in laws super old HP Dv5000 Series Laptop,which i replaced a couple things,including upgrading the cpu from t2300 to t7200(cheap) .I upgraded the bios beforehand..

My problem is,while i was putting it back together,i managed to pop out the power wire for the fan by accident,but the wires actually seperated from the plug so when i went to put them back in,i basically just guessed...

I ent with the most logical configuration,the way the wires seemed to be facing etc etc. so i thought all was good,but when i went to boot,the windows 7 thingy that spins came up,but would then shut off..Did that three times,before thinking it was a heat problem...So i flipped the laptop upsed down and powered on a couple times and realized the fan wasnt moving at all,ever.. So im pretty sure its the way i have the wires...Can someone look at these pics and tell me which hole the correct wire goes in?? Like the red,the black and yellow? Thank you..I'm so stuck.

Posted Image

Posted Image

[/URL]

[/URL]

Edited by dovedescent7, 10 July 2012 - 11:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dovedescent7

dovedescent7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:31 AM

Should i just try all the configurations? Or could i risk shorting something?

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

Don't get your panties in a wad just yet.

Here is a pic of a DV5000T fan, click on the pic to zoom it. The connector is visible and shows the wire order.
http://www.pchub.com/uph/laptop/88-31348-6506/HP-Pavilion-dv5000-Series-Cooling-Fan-.html

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 dovedescent7

dovedescent7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

Good idea...Why didnt i think of that? Must have been these wet,bunched up panties :lmao:

#5 KING_OF_SAND

KING_OF_SAND

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Black red yellow

AMD OVERCLOCKED rig

Posted Image

INTEL OVERCLOCKED rig (OLD)

Posted Image

#6 dovedescent7

dovedescent7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

well ive tried every variation of these wires and cant get a thing...i tested the fan with a 3 volt battery and it works...Anyone have any ideas?

Unfortunately i clipped a couple of the wires...Found a couple cheap ones on ebay for a few bucks..

My main concern now is,is there any reason why a bios/software change could make the fan not work?

Edited by dovedescent7, 23 July 2012 - 10:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users