Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

firefox hangs alot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 raja554932

raja554932

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

hi
i have a problem in the my firefox every i run it but after some time it got hangs and donot respond please any one can help me
operating system-xp service pack 3
ram-2gb 2.8ghz dual core
thank

Edited by raja554932, 10 July 2012 - 11:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chucky2

chucky2

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

Firefox hangs

Hanging (freezing, not responding) is when a program is running but stops responding to user input. A hang/freeze is different from a crash, which ends the program. If Firefox closes unexpectedly, or if an error dialog appears and Firefox closes, see Firefox crashes.

Many "Firefox" problems are caused by incompatible themes, extensions, or programming errors in plugins. Especially if Firefox hangs after an update, start it in its own Safe Mode (not Windows Safe Mode) to use the default them and temporarily disable all extensions. As explained at Standard_diagnostic_-_Firefox, you can also use the add-ons manager (accessible from the Tools menu) to update or disable your extensions. Starting with Firefox 3, the add-ons manager can also be used to disable plugins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users