Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound On Pc?!?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Scaryfairy

Scaryfairy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:35 AM

I bought a custom built pc back on dec 1st and it works fairly well...but i dont have any sound..my pc doesnt have the speaker in bottom right of screen..and it also doesnt say a speaker is connected when i try to plug in speak wire to the pc ports...anyone know what i could do to get sound? ive tryed headphones but they only work sometimes..becuz i play a mmorpg "World of Warcraft" and the headset wont work with that..but speakers do..(becuz ive played on other pcs with sound)....but does anyone know what to do? or a better place to find the answers?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:10 PM

We need to first make sure you have a sound card installed.
Do you see where the speakers are suppose to plug-in in the back of the computer??
Is your sound card built into the MB or is it a PCI card??
You can tell this by looking at where the speakers plug-in.
If it is down toward the bottom it is probable PCI.
If it is up by your USB & Parallel ports then it is built-in.

Next
Look in the Device Manager and see if Sound is listed, make sure there is no yellow :thumbsup: by any devices.

Device Manager
Right Click My Computer>Properties>Hardware Tab>Device Manager Button

Supply the Make & Model of your MB (MotherBoard).
The easiest way is to take the side off your computer and it will be printed on the MB.
The Model number will be printed, I can get the Make if it isn't printed.
That way we don't have to download any programs.
If you want to download a program that will tell you all about your system I recommend:

Aida32
http://aumha.org/freeware/freeware.htm

#3 FunTech

FunTech

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:11 PM

Flash fix sound page:
http://www.funtechusa.com/home/soundcheck/soundcheck.shtml

If the previous reply and this one doesn't fix your problem, let us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users