Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Behavior After Updates

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ChicagoMel

ChicagoMel

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

Most of today, my laptop was acting fine. But after I installed the updates, something odd happened. I rebooted it to finish the updates as is expected, and when it rebooted, I got a sort of blank screen with a toolbar but with an error message that said it couldn't connect to my Windows or something like that. The error said something about Win32 being moved possibly or something. Sorry that I can't recall all of it. I rebooted again and since that time, it's been fine, although that first reboot after the error did give me a "PERSONAL SETTINGS (NOT RESPONDING) square.

Any idea what could cause something like that just once? Everything seems fine now. I'm running a Dell Inspiron laptop that's about 15mo old, Windows 7, all the latest service packs. I just went over a thorough virus scan with someone in the virus area about a week ago and all was clear,will run scans again soon, should I post there again?

Was using Firefox...until Chrome took over.

One God, One Truth, One Savior-Jesus

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:31 AM

I rebooted again and since that time, it's been fine

The problem seems to have cleared itself now -
Please keep an eye on it for a day or 2 and post back if this occurs again, and try to take note of any error message -

Regards -

#3 Saurabh A

Saurabh A

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hi ChicagoMel,

My name is Saurabh.

It is good that the after rebooting, the computer has started to work again. However, I would still recommend you to kindly run the Pre Boot System Assessment (Dell PSA) to check the computer for any hardware related issues.
Kindly click the following link to run the hardware diagnostics: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&docid=DSN_14B3819735D6B40EE0401E0A55177ED2&isLegacy=true

Kindly also make a note of the error messages if any, during the assessment. Once that is done, please write back with results. Eager and Glad to assist.

Thanks & Regards
Saurabh_A

Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 August 2012 - 07:10 AM.
Revealed link and removed spammy content. ~ OB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users