Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Website Legitamcy? How Do I Find Out?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ghead

ghead

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:16 AM

I've seen this site for a long time but it will be the first time I'm purchasing anything from it.
It's call www.cartoonpassion.com, I've always been told to stay away from sights that have products that are being sold for less than half the price they are any other sight that sells the same thing. How do you find out if a sight is legit and if there products are for real?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 milzee

milzee

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:55 AM

perform a WHO IS search on the domain name (the website name u provided), if the registar is the same as the owner of the website, then it probaly is legit

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:30 PM

In this case, the company appears to have a retail store in Tustin, Ca. You could always inquire at the city's better business bureau.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 13 March 2006 - 09:17 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:23 AM

ghead,

I agree with jgweed, and I do this often myself and check BBB standings. I have added a link to a copy of the BBB's report on them and it doesn't look good.

Cartoon Passion's Company BBB Report Card

Be (BBB Report Card) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 ghead

ghead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 07:35 PM

Hi guys thanks for the replies. Ofcouse my dumbarse ordered some stuff from this site before I posted this thread. Well if I don't get my stuff by the end of this month then I'll go to the bbb. Even if I do get my stuff it's probably gonna be bootleg stuff (I should of done better research before buying anything from them) but I'm american which means I'm impulsive lol.

So why are so many companies who sell bootleg stuff still up and running for years, when someone in there private home gets goverment agents up there arse and have everything talk'n away from them when a private consumer bootlegs stuff?

Ok enough hate'n on the gov. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users