Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

0i763f66bz.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MasAcra

MasAcra

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

Ok, I made my account here for one purpose only, and that is to make sure that my computer is safe from the 0i763f66bz.exe virus. When I tried to turn on my computer today, a question from Windows 7 appeared if i want to allow the file/program to make changes to my computer. It looked suspicious to me so kept clicking "No", but when I realized its no use, I shut down the computer and booted it up in safe mode. From there, I followed the instructions on how to delete the virus from one of your forum posts ( Using combofix and deleting something in my registry, I thought I solved the problem.) However, when Combo Fix restarted my computer, I couldnt run ANY application, since it said that the registry file is marked for deletion, and the action is illegal. Thats when I got really scared. I restored my computer to yesterday's restore point, and here I am and everything seems to be working just fine. Where did the virus come from? What can I do to avoid it in the future? Is there anything else i should do now before forgetting about the problem?
EDIT:
Here is the thread I used to get rid of the problem:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic458550.html
EDIT: Thanks for moving the thread to a more appropriate place :)

Edited by MasAcra, 11 July 2012 - 01:35 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

It's never wise...to assume that procedures followed for someone else...apply to your infected system.

I'm moving this topic to Am I Infected where the more knowledgeable can have a look at your system.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users