Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

A Sad Day

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DSTM2_*

Guest_DSTM2_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

It is with much sadness to inform members that rowal5555 (ROB)has passed away in a Hospice in New Zealand after a long battle with Cancer.Rob remained positive until the end.
He was a long standing member of Bleeping.
Nothing made Rob happier than to help others. A true Gentleman.
Sadly missed.
Rest in Peace, ROB.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,565 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

Thanks DSTM,good to see you again too. Yep Rob was just that a good guy. Throwing in a bit of helpful info whenever he had some.

Rest it peace Rob,Rowall5555
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Kurt14

Kurt14

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

I certainly don't know him but who cares he is a human like us so Rest In Peace!! Im pretty sure he will be missed very much!

#4 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin' Panda

• Members
  • 9,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

Awww sad news indeed. Rest in Peace Rob. You will definitely be missed by your Bleeping Computer family. Thank you for letting us know DSTM.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#5 Pizza and Pepsi

Pizza and Pepsi

• Members
  • 277 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

I hope he passed away peacefully with his friends and family by his side and a smile on his face. Rest in peace Rob. I hope you are in a better place now.
Malware shall not pass!

#6 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Sad to hear this, he was one of a kind. Godspeed Rob.

Posted Image

#7 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

Will miss you Rob. God bless.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#8 RB_Kandy

RB_Kandy

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

I never knew the guy. I've never seen on a web forum a mention of a member passing away. I've always wondered about people on the net that just one day never email you again, never log onto their messenger or ever post on a forum. Like, I would wonder "how would any one ever know if they died".
Well, at any rate, this is a great community here, and I am sure Rob will be missed.

#9 black_icon

black_icon

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

Rest in Peace, Rob. :rip:
He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is FOOL but he who knows not and knows that he knows not is WISE

#10 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

I didn't get to know rowal5555 (ROB) well unfortunately,BUT i did get a glimpse of his wonderful whit...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic80098.html/page__st__195

My Sincerest Condolences to his family and friends :heart:

In Honor of Rob....

~~~Dream High~~~~

I think Rob did :heart:

MissPlaced

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#11 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

Sorry I'm late to this topic. Rob was a valued member here and he will be missed. RIP Rob.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#12 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:49 AM

Very sad indeed :(

#13 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

Sorry for the lost, 2012 isn't seeming to be a good year, I mean we are having bad luck I mean he passed away and now we are being hit by a solar storm.
Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#14 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

It is always sad to hear of the death of long-standing Members of this community, and it feels like we have lost a very good friend of the family. I am sure that he will be missed.
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#15 some1special

some1special

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

rip rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users