Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Latest back-door!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kurt14

Kurt14

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

(Source in description)

Apparently the latest backdoor infection Backdoor.IRCBot.Dorkbot.A spreads either via online messaging (MSN etc..) or USB devices. Its spreading is medium, and his danger as well. It was discovered on May 15th past year, additional to its size: ~118Kb...

Symptoms: Extra http traffic;
Presence of a hidden file in folder. The name of the file is random.
Presence of “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run\file name” value.

Once executed, it copies itself - The copy is hidden and the name is random..

That's all I can get.. The rest in the source.. I understood ZERO. I'm so ashamed i'm in a community where most people know the other things. :wacko:

Edited by Kurt14, 10 July 2012 - 01:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Hi Kurt

We all started knowing nothing. One day back in the 80s I was home sick form work and decided to start learning about computers. When I got one I started typing into the screen and couldn't figure out why it wasn't there later. But I learned. Eventually I wrote a videotape cataloging system and a utility to enhance RPG playing. I've learned and now almost 30 years later I am where I am.

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

That's all I can get.. The rest in the source.. I understood ZERO. I'm so ashamed i'm in a community where most people know the other things. :wacko:

We all have to learn some where. I have been playing with electronics all my life but the past 2 years I got involved with malware stuff. I have met great people here in the forums.

All I can say is ask questions if you do not know and I am sure some one here will answer it for you.

I also read security blogs of the major anti virus software (ie - Trend micro, McAfee, Norton, Malwarebytes, etc.....). This give great insight to malware. At first you may not understand what they may be talking about but in time you will get the hang of it.
Posted Image

#4 Kurt14

Kurt14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

You guys are right, thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users