Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AmitJoshi

AmitJoshi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hi,

One of my friend has informed me about your site and the work you are doing. Great to know this.

Last year around May-2011 I was watching online match and suddenly encountered a message on Microsoft Security stating virus has attacked and you need to buy it and it will remove the virus and protect you further. It was new to me and my laptop was freezed and couldnot do anything, in a hurry I purchased and who knows I got infected.
Few days later I checked online to find I am severely infected. I googled and found some stuff to get rid of that. It took 2-3 days to follow the instructions and finally I was able to remove the virus(which I think) and cleanup the registry along with also following the Antimalware programs like Malware Bytes and Super AntiSpyware.
After then I got Anti Virus client(CA) installed thru my internet service provider.Regularly I am cleaning my laptop with Spyware, CCleaner and some cleaup utility.
Only thing I noticed is that startup and shutdown takes much time. Few days back I got my system checked by STAPLES techy as per free PC tune up thing.
They informed me that my system is infected with some frozen virus/trojan and some other suspicious files that need to be removed asap. After their checkup, startup and shutdown is taking more time around 5 mins.
I want to know even with AntiVirus and regularly cleaning how some virus is still residing. How to know I am still infected, how to detect if I am hijacked and how I can get rid of it to get clean system.

Thanks
Amit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users