Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with hard drive issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Keith Hart

Keith Hart

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

Hello!

I have an HP G70-246US laptop and I have been having some problems with it. I had an error message a while back (3 months?) that it could not find the OS when I booted it up. I performed a system restore, and it worked just fine. Then it happened again, and the system restore failed. I ran the hard disk test from the BIOS, and got the following:Posted Image
I purchased a replacement hard drive (Western Digital Scorpio Blue 250GB), and installed it. The screen popped up and said "Insert boot disk, then press enter." I did as prompted, and the cd/dvd/ drive began to read the disk. All of the sudden, the disk drive stopped working, the computer restarted
, and i just have a blank screen.

What the hell did I do? Any advice, ideas and input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hi,

I would start by making sure that BIOS sees the new hard drive. If it is recognized in BIOS, then run the BIOS hard drive diagnostics (F2) on the new drive. Follow the flow chart on page 4: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02876562.pdf.

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users