Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hallmark Card Studio

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 suerkent

suerkent

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

I have a Hallmark Card Studio 2 (version 2.0) which I have had several years. Originally used with my windows xp........then got a windows 7 and D/L same program. It worked great for quite a while, THEN w/o warning, the event planner disappeared. The card studio, itself is still workable, but the event planner says it wasn't installed. Ergo, I could install it again (*), BUT I would lose all my pertinent info, and cards I have saved, by uninstalling it, first. I have lots of cards I want to keep. As I said, this event planner was working up until recently. This evidently has happened to others.....some claim windows 7 won't operate it...others claim a windows update is to blame. Whatever the cause, does anyone know why this happened, or how I can get the event planner back w/o losing my data?

(*) there is no guarantee by re-installing the event planner would d/l properly.

Thanks for any insight,
sue

Edited by hamluis, 10 July 2012 - 01:17 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Graphics Design & Photo Editing - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,854 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

It seems to me that the cards would be in a database file somewhere in the files for the program. If we could determine which file that is, you could copy and save that file to another location. Then, when the software is reinstalled, you could then move that database file into the newly installed program folder.

I've been searching for directions on how to do that, but I have come up with a blank. Is there anything in the help files of the software that covers that contingency?

Another thought. Does your version of Windows 7 have XP compatibility? If so, you could try running the program in compatibility mode.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 suerkent

suerkent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

Thanks for the ideas. I will check into compatibility...I dont have any idea where the data is stored.
thanks again,
sue

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

Database and data files for programs like this...are normally stored under the program directory found under C:\Program Files\Hallmark.

Louis

#5 suerkent

suerkent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a go. The compatibility with the windows xp did nothing.
Appreciate your info.
sue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users