I am looking for a new laptop, as a part of our new BYOD protocol.
- Intel i7 CPU
- Descent chipset
- Descent GPU
- SSD, size is not important, as we run VmWare Cloud services. (Sphere 5.0)
- DVD WRITER!!!
- Minimum 3 USB ports, preferably more (mouse / external HDD / printer, I hate hubs...)
Also, I would like a laptop with 2 physical HDD's, in order to get a stable multi-boot system, but this is not mandatory, as I have access to multiple external HDD's...
Expenses are not that relevant, I can spare a dime to gain speed at work...
- Are there any important pointers I am missing / should pay attention to?
- As I haven't bought a laptop for many years now (provided by work until now), is there a good place to do so online, with respect to customer services and warranty?
- I heard Asus is bringing out a new series on short term, is this worth waiting for?
- Are there many differences between the HM65 and HM67 Intel chipsets?
Thanks in advance for your advice!
Edited by S3cS3arch3r, 10 July 2012 - 07:58 AM.