Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saving Windows 7 HOSTS file to drivers\etc folder

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dave0624

Dave0624

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

Hi all! Hope someone can be of assistance with this. Removed virus "Security Shield" from my system with the help of Bleeping Computer. At the point where I deleted the file C:\Windows32\Drivers\etc\HOSTS file, I cannot copy the new link to the folder "etc". It does not show when I right click the "Windows 7 HOSTS File Download Link", selecting "Save Target As..." I need to complete this last step in the process. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:56 AM

Hello -
If you are sure that your computer is free of infections, please follow directions in this this M/soft Fix It

To reset the Windows7 Hosts file back to the default automatically, click the Fix it button or link, click Run in the File Download dialog box, and then follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9668866 <<= FixIt link -

Thank You -

#3 Dave0624

Dave0624
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

Awesome! Thank you so much!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic