Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird problem with connection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xenoss

xenoss

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

Hi I have a strange problem and I wonder if you have experienced it or know why this happens:

Websites load extremely slowly. Some sites are faster than others, but google.com, youtube, kotaku, for example, loads very slowly or not at all (they are usually extremely fast). While there are other sites that load very slowly but not as slow as those mentioned.

My laptop connected to these sites normally. Just my PC is having this problem. Tried resetting the router and modem. Didn't help.

Tracert and ping with cmd, it DID NOT work for google.com, which I used to test the connection. Doing a ping or tracert, it kind of just get stuck there. Ping, normally, would take a few seconds and then return the 1st line saying Unreachable even if my connection failed. In this case, however, it just get stuck there with a blinking _ forever.

For google.ca, which I CAN access (but sometimes fast, sometimes slow), I can do a ping and tracert.

Again, my laptop on the same network had no problem.

I restarted the computer and things work again.

The reason I'm posting despite it looking like a 1-off fluke, is because my old computer had the same problem.
My old comp runs XP, this current PC runs Win7.

Back in the day, I would boot the old XP pc and can't use the net (same problem as described). pages load obviously too slowly, while testing with torrent shows the speed is normal. only web browsing and pinging seem affected. Then I'd restart and it'll work (most of the time 1 reboot, sometimes more, it is quite random).

This is the 1st time I've seen this happen on my Win7 pc, which I've been using for about half a year without such a problem.

Anyone have some idea what sort can cause this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:23 AM

Have you tried wired to wireless testing and router or modem only connection first? Please Read this topic and include List Installed Programs on your next reply.

Tekken

#3 darcpyro

darcpyro

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:31 AM

Have you tried the tools you mentioned in safe mode? You may have something running on your computer affecting your traffic. Can you ping other network devices?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users