Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect issue

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 ACTINGDRAMA1

ACTINGDRAMA1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

I've attached everything, if you need info let me know.

Thanks again.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 D-FRED-BROWN

D-FRED-BROWN

Resident Bracketologist

• Malware Response Team
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

Hello ACTINGDRAMA1 and welcome to Bleeping Computer!

I am D-FRED-BROWN and I will be helping you. :)

Please print or save this topic. It will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.

----------Step 1----------------
Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!
  • Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it.
  • To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.
  • Click the Start Scan button.
  • Do not use the computer during the scan
  • If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
  • Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
    Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.
  • A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

----------Step 2----------------
Please download ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingc...to-use-combofix

***IMPORTANT: save ComboFix to your Desktop***

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please go here to see a list of programs that should be disabled.

**Note: Do not mouseclick ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

----------Step 3----------------
Please download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

----------Step 4----------------
In your next reply, please include the following:
  • TDSSKiller's logfile
  • ComboFix's report (C:\ComboFix.txt)
  • Security Check checkup.txt
After that, please let me know: How is your computer running now? Do you have any questions or concerns you'd like me to address? Don't hesitate to ask. :)
Proud graduate of SpywareInfo Bootcamp
Follow me on Twitter! @dfredbrown
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

I volunteer my free time to help you. Please consider making a donation so I can continue helping people like you.
Posted Image
Thank you!

#3 D-FRED-BROWN

D-FRED-BROWN

Resident Bracketologist

• Malware Response Team
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
Proud graduate of SpywareInfo Bootcamp
Follow me on Twitter! @dfredbrown
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

I volunteer my free time to help you. Please consider making a donation so I can continue helping people like you.
Posted Image
Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users