Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Choppy video streaming suddenly

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

My speedtest results show that currently my upload speed is 0.31 mbps and my download is 0.35 mpbs. Usually I get about 4.5 mb download and I have no idea why it's suddenly so slow. This has been like this for round about a week. Could be the ISP but even they wouldn't throttle the speed non-stop for 7 days... Have another laptop connected which is also having the same issues.

Not sure what specs you want so let me know and I'll grab them for you.

Flash player was updated recently and it seems to be a problematic update from what I can find, but it must be the low download speed causing this, right?

Any ideas, anyone?
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

m0le, when two computers are slow on the same amount on the same connection I have to blame the connection.

I think you need to get in touch with the ISP and have them resolve this issue.

Where I am if you still have connectivity they can usually get diagnostic readings remotely.

Here in New Jersey, USA I would call my ISP and they would roll a truck. The technician would have a meter to hookup to the line coming into the house and measure signal levels. I'm on 101 Megabit cable. When I went back to cable internet from DSL (4Megabit) even though the TV picture was fine, no internet. The tech came out on a Sunday, measured line levels and diagnosed bad connectors. He replaced the connectors at each end of the cable drop to the house. Problem solved.

We had DSL at work and it kept getting slower and slower. We went to cable internet, problem solved.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

Thanks for the tip, Roger. I'll call the ISP tomorrow :thumbup2:
Posted Image

#4 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

Thanks Roger. The ISP throttled my bandwidth - they suspect a faulty microfilter. In the meantime they upped my speed to 8.91 :thumbup2:
Posted Image

#5 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

Glad is was such a speedy solution (Pun intended)

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users