Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removed viruses with scan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 beth819

beth819

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hi, I am not sure if I have a virus or not. I ran malware bytes and it found nothing, and then I ran EST scanner and it found two viruses and I deleted them. I did a scan because my laptop was running loud and hot, and when I would stream videos, the videos would be extremely slow. After I removed the viruses, I blew compressed air into the fans and a lot of dust came out. It seems to be running much cooler, according to speed fan (not exactly sure how to read it), but the temps are at least 30 degrees cooler. But it is still running loudly. I don't know if this is related to a virus or if it's something I should be concerned about or how to fix it, etc. Thanks for your help.

Edited by hamluis, 09 July 2012 - 09:01 PM.
Dupe, closed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

Same computer as here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic458495.html ?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 beth819

beth819
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

Yes, but I wasn't getting any responses and the ones I did get didn't solve my problem.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

There are two pages of conversation there.
You're asked to post Speccy log and it never happened..
Please continue in your original topic.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

Dupe, closed.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users