Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introduction

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 marlenas

marlenas

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:46 PM

:thumbsup:
And this certainly looks like the right place for that.

I used to know my way around pc computers quite well , but, seven years ago after spending a small fortune on what is now considered a prehistoric relic (IBM Aptiva Pentium II), I turned it off to attend to family matters and just turned it back on last week.

The computer seems to be working just fine (it may be old but it's in mint condition) but I'm having a heck of a time with my Windows 98 first edition vis-a-vis the internet. A very patient IBM repair guy told me I should give thanks that the computer works at all and not bother trying to upgrade anything because then I'll really know what misery is. Since I need the computer and internet to get back into the workforce, we're stuck with each other until I can afford to buy up and that won't be any time soon.

All of this is my long-winded way of saying thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me and I look forward to communicating with other confused souls.

Regards, Marlenas

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:54 PM

Let us know what problems you are having, and we can certainly try to help.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 ospy

ospy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:35 AM

Hi,

Now I can introduce myself. Yesterday I signed up but was unable to get the proper dialogue box ie reply to do so. Ok I'm off to a forum. Cheers :thumbsup: :flowers:

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:25 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! marlenas.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic