Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Ugrade Macrmedia Flashplayer

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 05 March 2006 - 03:31 PM

I'm having difficulty ugrading to the latedst player. When I try to download I receive the following message. I uncheck the option to install the yahhoo toolbar.

Macromedia Flash Player .

Important Message: You may need to click the gold bar at the top of the browser window to allow the install.

When you see the installation completion movie above and text below, your installation was successful. The installation should only take a minute or two on a 56k modem

Problem is I do not get the gold bar qand cannot proceed. Any Ideas? .....thanks
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:01 PM

Where are you downloading it from, and what browser are you using?

Try it from here:
http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/downlo...=ShockwaveFlash

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 72,239 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:32 PM

hello and thanks for responding. This is where I d/l from. I believe it to be the same. I use IE6.

From their support page here

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledg...cfm?id=tn_15296

only #2 appears to ne a possibility,but I wouldn't know if I have one.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 72,239 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:54 AM

OK ,I uninstalled all /any flash players and active X controlls. Then reinstalled from tahat link. Now I get this message ...

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player, click here to get the latest flash player.

could someone explai to me how to turn it on... Thanks again

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:42 AM

IE / Tools / Internet Options / Security tab / Custom Level
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 72,239 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:00 AM

Thanks I'll give it a go

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 72,239 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:51 PM

Something is still wrong. I've tried enabling all and still fail. I resstored my system back 2 weeks because I had no flash today and needed at least the old version. Any way So I do a search for macromedia flash and the only result is this short cut

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledg...cfm?id=tn_14157
To remove Flash player active x control.
Since as the support page said to remove previous players and active X for a clean install ,I have. Now I'm back to the first point where. I cannot complete the down load. See post one and the Gold Bar issue.
Yet since the restore I can use my Incredimail which needs the player but now it is a bit unstable.
Is there a test for Flash?

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 72,239 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2006 - 02:51 PM

Ok i've removed it all. Now as I was still unable to d/L even previous ver 7 (with hope to upgrade), I've installed a full Trial version from them here. It worked now maybe their tech will respond and I will explain the situation

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/flashpro/

btw Macromedia is now owned by Adobe Systems

Edited by boopme, 06 March 2006 - 02:55 PM.

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 72,239 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:05 PM

Now I'm wondering if spyware blaster is the culprit. As after the changes in the Java settings I was at least able to install the full version,not the upgrade. Then after reboot SB was telling me my IE setting needed adjusting for security.

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 72,239 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:00 PM

Well Macromedia has a repair link for this problem. It can be dowloaded here and it worked and the problem is solved..

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledg...cfm?id=tn_19091

Also found the Latest flash player upgrade has important security repair in it and is recommended download over all previous Player 8 versions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users