Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

crackling sound and slow response

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Johnaldo

Johnaldo

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

Hi,
My laptop has developed a problem recently when I play a video. After about 30 seconds or so the sound starts to crackle and eventually I get no sound. At about the same time the video starts to slow down. If I stop the video and start another one everythings ok at first, then that one slows down and the sound goes as well.
Anyone got any ideas why, please.
Thanks, Johnaldo

Edited by Johnaldo, 09 July 2012 - 10:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:31 AM

There are many possible causes as to why this phenomenon happens. What kind of videos do you refer to? Does it happens on audio files playing? What particular laptop model do you use? Have you tried reinstalling/updating the video, audio and network adapters? Any changes or observation before this happen?

Tekken

#3 Johnaldo

Johnaldo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:26 AM

Hi jhayz, thanks for replying

What kind of videos do you refer to? Just anything, for example on YouTube
Does it happens on audio files playing? Yes
What particular laptop model do you use? Acer Aspire 5720
Have you tried reinstalling/updating the video, audio and network adapters? No, I don't know how to - is it easy?
Any changes or observation before this happen? Nothing, just happened randomly the other day

Johnaldo

Edited by Johnaldo, 10 July 2012 - 06:27 AM.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

The drivers are available at Acer support site. Just type in your acer model and operating system by your search engine like google. Make sure your system is updated with the latest patch either by windows update and some on Acer support site. Some laptops have recovery features for reinstalling each driver from within the pre-installed OEM windows. Make sure you are running only one antivirus and try disabling hardware acceleration.

Tekken

#5 Johnaldo

Johnaldo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

Hi jhayz, thanks again for replying,

I picked up on a particular bit from your last reply about drivers, had a little read-up on the net, and then uninstalled the audio driver. When I rebooted, it automatically detected the driver was missing and reloaded it ... ... And this cured both problems - the sound is now fine and the videos no longer run slow.

Thanks for your help, Johnaldo.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:56 PM

Thanks for sharing the solution worked out for you. :thumbsup:

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users