Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multi-Color Bars on Screen from power up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mediokrates

Mediokrates

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hi all,

I recently began experiencing a serious issue with my desktop.
I discussed it here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic459260.html/page__p__2751341__fromsearch__1#entry2751341

There is was suggested that it was RAM related.

I have 2x1G RAM modules.

I have removed each, one at a time, allowing each to occupy both slots A and B, but no changes.

The screen is completely covered in multiple bars of multi colors as soon as the tower is powered up. Not even a bios screen.

Additionally, the computer fails to load windows. I know this, as my computer fails to connect to the home network, which it is configured to do on startup.
This makes my files inaccessible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:40 AM

Additional suggestion is on the original thread. Sorry for not being able to get back at you sooner. Busy times as usual. :o
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic459260.html/page__gopid__2757035#entry2757035

Edited by jhayz, 09 July 2012 - 01:40 AM.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users