Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I permanently set the affinity of a process to use all processors?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

I play FIFA 09 all the time. The problem is that, by default, it uses just one core, which results in lag. I know how to manually change the affinity each time after I start the game via task manage. Does anyone know of a way to change the affinity of that executable to use all cores by default each time it starts automatically?

I'd prefer not having to install any new apps, but if there's no other way - that's fine then.

Edited by Alvas Rawuther, 08 July 2012 - 09:55 AM.

SYSTEM SPECS.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz RAM | 488 GB WD SATA HDD | 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 | No real-time antivirus | MBAM on-demand | Windows 7's Built-in Firewall |

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users