- a flash drive and a
- portable hard drive that plugs into a usb port
- the files I want to copy are both data files and application files...
- Data files include: text files, ms office documents, image files, videos, etc
- Application files include: MS Access mdb (data base) files which may include visual basic for applications code
- Ditto for Excel files
- Some application development stuff like MS Visual Studio Projects
How can I safely scan these files before putting them on a clean computer?
Thanks for any help.
I think I have 'Autorun' turned off on the clean computer via using RegEdit to go to...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Policies > Explorer > "NoDriveTypeAutoRun"
... and verifying that the hex value of the first byte is 95
... which as I understand it 'exclueds' unknown, removable, and remote drives from 'autorun'
... via instructions here... http://autorun.moonvalley.com/enable.htm
Edited by hamluis, 08 July 2012 - 10:55 AM.
Moved from XP to AV, Firewall, etc. - Hamluis.