well i don't see a thread about this so i'll start one. i've posted these screenshots on 2 other message boards tonight so why not here also!!! i've been playing with this about 2 months now. you can run several different linux distros inside of windows. this is another great way to explore linux without the anxiety of installing it. i think this is even better than running a live cd. i don't know how to describe it very well so i'll just copy the words and let you read about it from the website. be sure to read the documentation for installing and configuring.http://www.vmware.com/products/player/
Start experiencing the benefits of virtual machines
1. Download VMware Player.
2. Try the pre-built Browser Appliance virtual machine, configured for secure internet browsing.
3. Visit Virtual Appliances at VMTN to download other free, pre-configured virtual machines from industry-leading ISV partners, open source partners and the VMware community.
1. get the player. it's FREE.
2. get the "browser-appliance" it is the ubuntu distro virtual machine.
3. after you explore ubuntu awhile you can try other distros.
here's some of the virtual machines i've been running on my windows xp desktop;
Edited by Al1000, 04 February 2017 - 05:51 PM.
Moved from Linux & Unix
I can no longer sit back and allow Microsoft infiltration, Microsoft indoctrination, Microsoft subversion, and the international Microsoft conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious open source GNU/Linux operating systems. General Jack D. Ripper.