and welcome to Bleeping Computer!
I am D-FRED-BROWN and I will be helping you.
Please print or save this topic.
It will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.
Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool
) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!
- Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it.
- To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.
- Click the Start Scan button.
- Do not use the computer during the scan
- If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
- If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
- Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.
- A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.184.108.40.206_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
- Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.
Please download ComboFix.exe
. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:http://www.bleepingc...to-use-combofix***IMPORTANT: save ComboFix to your Desktop****
Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
Please go here
to see a list of programs that should be disabled.**Note: Do not mouseclick ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**
Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt
in your next reply for further review.
Please download Security Check
by screen317 from here
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
In your next reply, please include the following:
- TDSSKiller's logfile
- ComboFix's report (C:\ComboFix.txt)
- Security Check checkup.txt
After that, please let me know: How is your computer running now? Do you have any questions or concerns you'd like me to address? Don't hesitate to ask.