Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nothing happens when I click on things in hotmail.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 idiyit

idiyit

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

This has been happening for a year at least and I can't be the only one experiencing it. I'll log in to hotmail (any of my accounts) and I'll click on a new email I've recieved and nothing happens. I'll click 20 times and nothing happens. I'll refresh the page and click and nothing happens (used to work if I clicked fast enough after refreshing. Doesn't seem to work anymore though). I'll click on other emails and nothing happens. Then I'll close IE and open firefox and log in and and click and nothing happens.
It's EXTREMELY annoying and I recall googling this issue in the past and finding that there were either no answers or else the other complaintants had similar problems but not the exact one.
I guess the important clues are that it happens in both browsers and it also happens on differen't computers. Over the last year I've used three different computers with Windows 7 and it eventually happens on all of them.
It was just happening to me about 10 minutes ago and now I've gone back and it appears to be working normally. I really can't figure out what the problem is or how to fix it even temporarily.
Has anyone heard of or experienced this problem?

Edited by idiyit, 07 July 2012 - 09:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

Hello -
There are many solutions to this problem on Google over the past year, and some include hacked accounts.
Do you ever have Any error message or errors listed on the page at all, or just the open page that lists your inbox emails.

I used your heading "Nothing happens when I click on things in hotmail" to google and found many results that may help.
Can you click to request a New Password ? or visit their Help menu to find a solution ?

These 2 things are among the many solutions listed -

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:53 AM

Hi -
Just to update this question. I can access my Hotmail without any problems, also my Yahoo, Gmail, and Outlook Express at this time.
Near the bottom of the Hotmail page on the Right side there is a link to http://login.live.com/gls.srf?urlID=WLHelpCentral&mkt=EN-AU&vv=1300 Help Cente -
You may need to follow any steps listed here to get help from the Hotmail Team -

Regards -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users