Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing Outlook Duplicates using Accurate Outlook Duplicate Remover

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 avz10

avz10

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

Due to numerous computer crashes over years as well as regularly back-up my Outlook folders on DVD's, I got stuck end of last year with all these back-ups, but an Outlook that did not work when I tried to import all this data, most of which will in any case be duplicates.I believe there is some or other 2 GB cap.

Outlook 2010, which I have, is working well, having started from scratch.

I would like to try to recover some of these old emails/contacts and delete all the duplicates.

Due to limited space on my PC's, I downloaded the 20GB pst and other files on my daughter's laptop. She has Windows 7 and Outlook 2007. I downloaded it into C: User\...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. All these emails are visible as far as I can see when I open Outlook on her laptop.

I have installed Accurate Outlook Duplicate Remover on her laptop to remove the duplicates, but it gives me the error message when I open the programme that it "cannot find the Outlook files"

So my questions-

• Where should I store these Outlook files on her laptop, for AODR to find it?
  • Is there another way of deleting all these duplicates?

Kind regards

Albie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

Office 2010 has a limit of 20Gig PST Files, so I would recommend using the most recent one and forget the rest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users