Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nike+ login plus other internet problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kojack

Kojack

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:06 AM

Hi, for about a week or so now I have been unable to login to the Nike+ website on my laptop to upload my runs. it works on other PCs so I suspect somethimg more malicious is at work. Also websites with Jave extensions are not working. I only have microsoft security essesntials which is probably not enough to stop viruses etc but im concerned about software conflicts and slowing my laptop down so don't have a lot of protection. I have Windows 7 Home Premium service pack 1 and internet explorer 9. I think my laptop is in a bit of a mess to be honest so would be grateful if someone could take a look at the logs and recommend some solutions. Kind Regards Kojack.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

Hi -
Can you go to Control Panel and look for the Java icon (looks like a Coffee cup) -
Click on that and in the "General Tab" that will open, clink on "About ... " This should show the version that is installed - 7 Update 5 is current -
Please post back if you can not open / access the icon, as this will mean a problem with your Java install -

You may also get a redirect like this link , as it seems that they are updating the site, but any records you entered are still OK -
(http://nikeplus.nike.com/plus/active)
“Nike+ Active is taking a break."
There are several posts about this on Google at this time

#3 Kojack

Kojack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

Hi Noknojon, I had version 6 update 26 and have updated to the latest version as you suggested which has resolved the Java issue however the Nike+ log in still does not work.I keep getting a # at the end of the web address when pressing 'log in' like this: http://nikeplus.nike.com/plus/?show_cc=true#

Don't know if that means anything or not? i'm not getting a redirect link. very confused

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

Hi -
I just used your link, and all I got was a small screen to say "Upgrade your browser" -
As this is on my XP now, I have IE8 installed, and so I just close ( X ) the message to go directly to the main page -

I just tested the same link on my Windows 7 Home Premium service pack 1 (same as yours) and I get directly to the site ?
There is a circle that spins for about 15 to 20 seconds, and then it just continues directly to the site -

You can place another post in Am I Infected, if you wish, and hope you get a better reply this time -
Also leave a link to this topic so they can see the problems you are having -

Thank You -
EDITED as wrong links were posted -

Edited by noknojon, 07 July 2012 - 10:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users