Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kodak printer not detected?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 aliboy66

aliboy66

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hi got a Toshiba satellite c650 laptop my OS is windows 7 my security is Norton antivirus 2012. I brought a all in one printer Kodak Hero 3.1 wireless, set my printer up hooked on to my router Huawei HG521 I loaded the software took a sample picture print so I know the printers working turn off everything now when I try to use the printer I get a message Kodak printer not detected when I look in control panel and look in Device and printers is there?.I have reinstalled the software still not picking up the printer,and my printer is next to my router not sure what to do next.My broadband is aol they are no help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

Bump still waiting for help?

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

See :-

http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39195/kw/kodak%20hero%203.1%20drivers/selected/true

You should find an answer here. A quick Google took me there !

Chris Cosgrove

#4 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hi my phone lines r down at the moment so I got no Internet at the moment just my iPhone so I cannot do anything now so once I am on line again I will thank you

#5 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hi back on line now, can you believe it some one nicked the copper from the phone lines that's why no internet for 2 weeks anyway just had to get that of my chest.My printer is working but every time I switch my laptop off I lose my printer.I went on Device and printer tried to add printer I got a message windows can't open "Windows can't open Add Printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine" so I found out what to do

Open Administrative Tools by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Administrative Tools.
Double-click Services. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Right-click the Print Spooler service, and then click Properties.
On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic is selected.
If the service is not already running, under Service status, click Start, and then click OK. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

But every time I switch it to automatic my printer works fine, however when I turn turn the laptop off I lose the connection to the printer again. do you have any solutions? ps its not saving what i do what am i missing

Edited by aliboy66, 05 September 2012 - 02:34 PM.

#6 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Hi back on line now, can you believe it some one nicked the copper from the phone lines that's why no internet for 2 weeks anyway just had to get that of my chest.My printer is working but every time I switch my laptop off I lose my printer.I went on Device and printer tried to add printer I got a message windows can't open "Windows can't open Add Printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine" so I found out what to do

Open Administrative Tools by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Administrative Tools.
Double-click Services. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Right-click the Print Spooler service, and then click Properties.
On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic is selected.
If the service is not already running, under Service status, click Start, and then click OK. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

But every time I switch it to automatic my printer works fine, however when I turn turn the laptop off I lose the connection to the printer again. do you have any solutions? PS its not saving what i do what am i missing

It's me again,I hope you all had a nice Christmas?.My problem is my print spooler still turns off for some reason? no matter what I do and believe me I have tried a lot of things.My printer works fine for a few days then its just goes off I go back in to print spooler option and put it back on
automatic its fine then for some reason it goes back to manual so frustrated can anyone help,ps I think when I connected my printer to wireless first and then stuck the CD in after could that be why?

#7 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Bump still waiting help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users