Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Lockups... Very Frustrating! :(

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Progenitus

Progenitus

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hello everyone, first and foremost I would like to thank anyone in advance that will be helping me on this matter.
A couple of weeks ago, I began experiencing problems with random lockups, requiring me to hold the power button to force the machine off, then press it again to turn it on. This can happen when I'm doing anything... the machine can be idle and it will lock up, or I can be on youtube or playing a game or typing up a word document.

I am currently running a rig consisting of:
Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R motherboard (unmodified)
Intel Core i7 930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz Processor (unmodified)
3x2gb OCS Gold DDR3 2000 Ram (unmodified)
1x EGA Geforce GTX 460 Superclocked 1gb video card (unmodified)

I have used memtest86 to check to see if it would find anything but it passed without any errors.
I have used Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to do a full scan, nothing came up.
I have used Avast Internet Security to run a full scan, also came up with nothing.

I am really stuck here... Thanks again for any helps/tips.

Edit:: I do not get a blue screen... I believe this is called a "hard hang". I have not changed any hardware for the past year...

Edited by Progenitus, 06 July 2012 - 04:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?
2) Does the same thing happen in safe mode?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users