Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP! All my files have been .crypted

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DevyMarie

DevyMarie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

I went to do my school work to find that all my files have been changed to .crypted and I cant access them at all. I have removed the virus and all the other things thru superantispyware. But the files didnt go back. I have ALL my photos and important information on here and dont know how to get them back. Not to mention I really need to send off school work and thats not working well either. Heres a copy of the warning letter I got.

YOUR ID: 137

Our automated system Walter Copyright Active Protection (WCAP) detected Digital
Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) infringement.

On your computer was found the evidences of illegal content use (audio, video, games,
software etc.) protected by the Copyright Law.

Your computer was BLOCKED; all important files were BLOCKED by means of AES
encryption methods.

After the payment of the penalty fee all non-paid content can be considered as ęLicensed".
You can unblock your computer and file by completing three easy steps.

STEP 1: Buy a MoneyPak in amount of $100 at the nearest store.

STEP 2: Send as an e-mail at wcapllc@yahoo.com. Indicate your WCAP ID in the message
title and provide MoneyPak number.

STEP 3: Check your e-mail. We will send you Unlock code once payment is verified. Your
computer will roll back to the ordinary state.

WARNING!!!: If you donít pay fine within 72 HOURS at the amount of 100.00 USD, all your
computer data will be deleted.

Question 1: Where can I purchase a MoneyPak?
Answer 1: MoneyPak can be purchased at thousands of stores nationwide, including major
retailers such as Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS/pharmacy, Rite Aid, Kmart, Kroger and Meijer.
Click here to find a store near.

Question 2: How do I buy a MoneyPak at the store?
Answer 2: Pick up a MoneyPak from the Prepaid Product Section or Green Dot display and
take it to the register. The cashier will collect your cash and load it onto the MoneyPak.

Question 3: What if I donít live in the USA, and I donít have possibility to purchase
MoneyPak?
Answer 3: We can receive Ukash, Paysafecard, WesternUnion as alternative option.

Question 4: How I can make sure that you can really decipher my files?
Answer 4: You can send ONE any ciphered file on email wcapllc@yahoo.com (Indicate
your ID and /test decrypt/ phrase in the message title), in the response message you
receive the deciphered file.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

It looks like you had Ransomware. You may want to check with a member of the malware response team.

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users