Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble Installing PHOTOfunSHOP 8.1 PE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 koenigseggCC7

koenigseggCC7

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

I just purchased a new camera and I am attempting to install the provided photo-editing software, which is Panasonic PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.1 PE. This is being installed from the retail CD that came with the camera. The first issue is that autorun is not working, so to install, I have to open the CD contents and find the setup file - no big deal. There are three setup files that load into each other: Launcher.exe (which brings up a summary screen so you can choose your installation options - freezes when a choice is made), InstMenu.exe (not sure - always freezes computer before anything opens), and buried in several folders is setup.exe (this is the actual installation application - I seem to get about halfway through the installation, complete with program files and desktop shortcuts that don't work, before it freezes the computer).

My computer specs are as follows:

Toshiba Satellite A665 notebook
Intel Core i3 2.27GHz dual core processor
Windows7 64-bit
4GB RAM
7200rpm HDD Serial ATA (approx. 400GB free)

Any ideas what could be the issue, or how I can fix it? I don't have another computer that I am able to try the installation on so I have not done that to rule out a problem with the software. I tried searching for a downloadable version, thinking my CD drive could have an issue (I rarely use it) but I can't find one from a trustworthy source. I've thought about using another computer copying the files from the CD onto a portable hard drive and trying to install from there, but I haven't tried that yet.

Thanks!
TJ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

What antivirus program do you have? I use Avast! at the minute, and its a bugger for stopping program installations and I find the easiest way is to sometimes disable the realtime permissions for 5mins while the program installs.

Also, in My Computer if you right click on the CD drive, and select autorun from there, does that work? Sometimes computer settings are set so that when media is connected to the computer, it does not run. If thats the case, I can hunt out some instructions for you to turn autorun back on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users