Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Satellite start up issues

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 vinuguy

vinuguy

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

I just got this computer today and it is working well except for this one bug. The computer will be working like normal, internet runs fast and smoothly, but if I close the computer it shuts windows down. When I open it the computer tries to restart then the screen goes black. Then I have to restart the computer about 3 times before it starts up properly.

I have started it in safe mode and changed the power options in the control panel so that nothing should happen when I close the computer but that didn't work. I've tried running the chkdsk command but the computer wont run it and I can't run system repair from the hard drive.

The computer is a Toshiba Satellite L755 with windows 7 64bit. 4GB of RAM and a 500 Gig hard drive and an I3 processor.

Any information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. I'll provide more specs if needed!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

Hello vinuguy -
Can you please tell us what happens if you first Shut Down the computer, then close the top, then press the Start button ??
Is this then a "normal" start up, or do you still have problems ?

Thank You -
EDIT for spelling

Edited by noknojon, 05 July 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#3 jfruch1

jfruch1

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

If this is a brand new computer and you're having problems, I'd take it back to the store.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

Is the option given by jfruch1 available to you ??

Are you located anywhere near the retailer that you purchased this computer from ??

You will have at least a 30 or 60 day warranty as a minimum -

#5 jfruch1

jfruch1

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

Is the option given by jfruch1 available to you ??

Are you located anywhere near the retailer that you purchased this computer from ??

You will have at least a 30 or 60 day warranty as a minimum -

Even if you were past that minimum warranty (but not waaay past obviously), dealing with the manufacturer's main office by letter (not their tech support people), you'd be amazed at the results you can often get. Manufacturers often will try to satisfy you through their main office. The Tech Support people are giving the company line and expect you to abide by it.

#6 vinuguy

vinuguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

I actually got a special deal where i get 1 year of free geek squad support, so I can take it back.

When I Shut it down properly from the start menu and then close it and then press start button it has the same issue, it will pull up a black screen saying windows did not shut down properly, would you like to start it in safe mode and what not. Maybe I just got a bad apple, Unless anyone else has an idea what might be the problem I will probably have it exchanged or fixed by geek squad

#7 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

I strongly urge that if you can take it back, that you take it back and get a different one.

the GS if they handle the warranty on it will reportedly have to ship it to a location that does the hardware repairs.

Back up any data before doing anything.

Since you mention the GS, US?

You would do better to go this route and have a local service provider do the warranty as they do the repair in shop rather than shipping it off.
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/gaspLocator.jsp?subs=tais

Using the service locator I see 8 locations in a 20 mile radius of where I am i n NJ of which 4 are desktop & laptop, the others are TV repair.

That is the route I would go for repairs. It will most likely be quicker and if an authorized service provider does it.........

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 06 July 2012 - 02:45 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#8 vinuguy

vinuguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

customer service exchanged it for the same model and so far it's running exactly how its supposed to. thanks for the help everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users