Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

adobe flash installer autoloads when i dont want it to

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 feralfreak

feralfreak

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

since i turned on my pc today, ive been having a problem every 10 minutes, a file shows up in my task manager fp_ax_cab_installer.exe and when i click the x at the top of the adobe box it disappears from the task manager, and what looks like adobe flash installer starts running itself, i dont want it to, it doesnt seem to care, i can click the x at the top right but in 10 minutes on the dot its doing it again, and ive found a few bugs but i cant seem to get to the root of the problem. ive already had adobe flash on my pc before this started up, and it has been working fine(for example ive been able to watch things on youtube with no problem), im wondering if a rootkit or something is at work here, or maybe a redirector, when i tried using hijackthis i killed a couple things in it and it got me past the redirector so i could try to look stuff up about it. ive tried running mcaffee stinger, hijackthis, malwarebytes, and trendmicro housecall, can someone help me with thing?
i dont know what other information might be needed but im guessing the system information might be needed:
winblows 7 64 bit disservice pack 1
internet exploiter 9

i got a bunch of snapshots of things like the dialog box for the supposed adobe thing, ive tried uninstalling adobe and i still get that thing popping up on its own, kinda like how someone might knock on your door just because they can and with the same result, p&*^ing me off

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

Hi -
There was a very recent Update to several programs, and Flash Player was one of these.
I simply clicked on the Update and in 60 seconds it had installed the latest version - Flash Player, Version 11 is the latest update -

You must update many items in the life of your computer, and several Adobe programs are among these -

Regards -

#3 feralfreak

feralfreak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

Hi -
There was a very recent Update to several programs, and Flash Player was one of these.
I simply clicked on the Update and in 60 seconds it had installed the latest version - Flash Player, Version 11 is the latest update -

You must update many items in the life of your computer, and several Adobe programs are among these -

Regards -

but would there be something like this forcing itself like this? i dont even click anything and i get the same dialog box every 10 minutes for version 11.3

#4 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

Are you using AOL? http://forums.adobe.com/message/3024814#3024814

Check if Flash Player is installed on your computer
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html
Check if version installed matches latest version
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html#main_Find_the_Flash_Player_version_installed_on_your_machine
If not, Find the latest Flash Player version available for your operating system
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Global Notifications Settings panel to set notifications of updates in Flash Player:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager05.html

If you want Adobe to automatically notify you when a new version of Flash Player is available, select Notify Me When An Update Is Available. From the pop-up menu, select how frequently you want Flash Player to check for updates. The default selection is 7 days.

If you don't want Adobe to automatically notify you when a new version of Flash Player is available, deselect Notify Me When An Update Is Available.

EDIT: Beginning with Flash Player 10.3, the Local Settings Manager supersedes this Online Settings Manager for managing global settings on Windows, Mac, and Linux computers. The Local Settings Manager can be accessed in the Control Panel on Windows and in System Preferences on Mac. Users of other operating systems and earlier versions of Flash Player can continue to use the Online Settings Manager described above.

To access the local Flash Player Settings Manager: Start > Control Panel > Flash Player > select preference

Hope this helps :)

2nd EDIT >>>i killed a couple things in it and it got me past the redirector so...ive tried running mcaffee stinger, hijackthis, malwarebytes, and trendmicro housecall<<<

I overlooked this at first read. :blink: As narenxp wrote you may be infected.

Edited by Union_Thug, 05 July 2012 - 08:51 AM.

#5 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:30 AM

You may be infected(probably zero access).You should scan for infections.Start a topic here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html

good luck

#6 feralfreak

feralfreak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

i seem to have figured out what was going on, after the last time of it trying to run that dialog box i clicked the little x at the top right to cancel it and went to the adobe site mentioned by union_thug, and did the update thing there like noknojon talked about, and i havent seen any more of those little boxes coming up, i guess i just got paranoid by something starting to download on its own, thinking it was like those ebay things where they say are needing you to click their link or something but if you hover over them you find out they are fake, but it seems i was mistaken. narenxp, you were right about me having infections, i had 99 infections and i saw a link to eset scanner and it found and killed 98 of them, good thing i never use this pc for online banking or id be screwed like a sheet of drywall.

#7 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

Even though you removed many infections with ESET online scanner, it will not always catch all infections on your computer -
Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== from step :step4: to step :step9: and get your computer looked at fully.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

This is a much better way to ensure that your system has been fully cleaned. I use at least 4 tools at most times when removing problems, and ESET is about last -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users