Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Double pictures in Desktop properies ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dragongirl

Dragongirl

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:16 AM

OK gang, me again, this time with a rather odd item; Just recently, as of five m inutes ago, my computer has been showing double picture listing in the deskstop properties. I am quite sure this is to not happen. Namely.

• I open Desktop properties
  • I click DESKTOP
  • every image I have in the My Pictures folder appear, but doubled up, so for example, say I got "Javanese kittens" as a picture, it appears twice, but it is one picture in My Pictures folder {some pictures appear three times}

I do not know what is causing it or why, it is getting overly annoying. Can't give any more details on this as this is all I know so far, if it is a virus mucking aout on my system, I'm screwed over again.

The kitten that used to be linked to here in this signature now has her forever home!! Thank you for taking the time to read this signature!

"This is the coolest place I've ever been, and I've only been alive for three days!" ~ Figment

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:23 AM

I open Desktop properties
I click DESKTOP

On right side you have an option called POSITION

Change it to STRETCH,click ok

good luck

#3 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

Windows XP Desktop wallpapers have always been kept in C:\Windows\Web folder; however, it seems that there may be a bug (not a virus) in XP itself that wants to include a list of the contents from the My Pictures folder into Desktop wallpaper.

Read through this discussion of the problem for a possible solution: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-stop-my-pictures-files-from-automatic-inclusion-in-wallpapers-cache.100105/.

Regards,
Brooks

#4 Dragongirl

Dragongirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

I open Desktop properties
I click DESKTOP

On right side you have an option called POSITION

Change it to STRETCH,click ok

good luck

I think you misread me, as on there the links to each picture appears twice, in some cases three times for a few of them, but only one link each file works, I always have the position set at strech anyhow, so that's not the trouble. Its just that the files are appearing more then once.

Windows XP Desktop wallpapers have always been kept in C:\Windows\Web folder; however, it seems that there may be a bug (not a virus) in XP itself that wants to include a list of the contents from the My Pictures folder into Desktop wallpaper.

Read through this discussion of the problem for a possible solution: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-stop-my-pictures-files-from-automatic-inclusion-in-wallpapers-cache.100105/.

Thanks I'll give it a look and see what I can find out.

The kitten that used to be linked to here in this signature now has her forever home!! Thank you for taking the time to read this signature!

"This is the coolest place I've ever been, and I've only been alive for three days!" ~ Figment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users