Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia GTA 520.. I dont know how to install it on Ubuntu

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Appleyard

Chris Appleyard

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

Hey there, I will have the Ubuntu 12 for my desktop.. I want to make a partition so I can install it but in the past it didnt see what GPU I have and it will not install.. and found there is a very long way on doing it.. but I really dont want to do all the console stuff.. I will do a bit but.. idk please can some Ubuntu Geeks reply? haha please? :D
Thanks
Chris

Edited by Chris Appleyard, 04 July 2012 - 07:27 PM.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world"
-Nelson Mandela

Windows 7 Home Premium | AMD Athlon II 250 Dual Core CPU | 4.0 RAM Kingston | Nvidia GT 520 | Elite Group MCP61M-M3 Motherboard | COMODO Firewall | Avast! Free | Google Chrome.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Just read this....do you still need help?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Chris Appleyard

Chris Appleyard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

Just read this....do you still need help?

what is ... supposed to mean?

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world"
-Nelson Mandela

Windows 7 Home Premium | AMD Athlon II 250 Dual Core CPU | 4.0 RAM Kingston | Nvidia GT 520 | Elite Group MCP61M-M3 Motherboard | COMODO Firewall | Avast! Free | Google Chrome.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

Let me try to clarify...Do you still need help in installing the driver for your Nvidia GTA 520?

After reading your first post today, I looked online and found that Nvidia has had the driver
since April, 2011. The link below has instructions for installing the driver using Synaptic.
But 12.04 does not have Synaptic Package Manager installed. You have to install that, too.

I also wonder why you even have to do that since the driver has been available for more than a year.
I would expect Ubuntu 12.04 to recognize your video card and offer you the correct driver during
the install of Ubuntu 12.04. Anyway, below is what I found today.

Install Synaptic Package Manager On Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin | Help Desk Screeds

New Nvidia Linux Driver Supports Ubuntu 11.04 - Softpedia

QUOTE: How to install/update the Nvidia video drivers?

In the Unity panel, search for Synaptic Package Manager. Enter your password when asked, wait for the application to load the repositories, and search for:

nvidia-current

Then, double click the entry, click the "Apply" button and follow the on-screen instructions to install or update the video driver.

Nvidia 270.41.06 is available for Linux, BSD and Solaris operating systems, for both x86 and x86_64 architectures.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users