Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Consistent BSOD's, malware suspected

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bobrm2k3

Bobrm2k3

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

Greetings
I may be on the wrong subforum for this issue, if so please tell me where to take my problem.
I'm getting blue screens very consistently, sometimes during boot. This seems to correspond with yesterday getting redirected to a site that is hosted in the Ukraine and has only existed for a week which is why I suspect malware.

I didn't see a sticky with what info you need to diagnose so please tell me what you need.
HijackThis log
Spoiler

DDS.txt
Spoiler

Virus scan doesn't catch anything. I have already tried a system restore to no avail. Running process explorer seems to cause BSOD's, though it might be coincidence.

Thanks in advance.

edit: Oh bleep, I just saw the sticky that said not to post hijackthis logs here and to go to the other subforum. Can a mod move this?

edit2: I apologize for this, but I'm really not sure where this topic belongs. I asked a mod to move it to the malware removal forum, but now this feels like the wrong place since it hasn't been diagnosed what the problem is yet. I guess I just need someone to tell me where this should go and what I should do to help out.

edit3: Ignore everything, the file system on my main hard drive is now corrupt. In all likelihood I'll end up doing a clean format.

Edited by Bobrm2k3, 04 July 2012 - 05:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Regards,
Jason

Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

If I am helping you and have not returned in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM with a link to the topic.
My help is free... however, if you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, please consider a donation: btn_donate_SM.gif

#3 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Regards,
Jason

Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

If I am helping you and have not returned in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM with a link to the topic.
My help is free... however, if you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, please consider a donation: btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users