Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Torrent client in the browser?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rob_ER

Rob_ER

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:48 AM

Hello!

I'm kinda new in the whole torrents thing and have a question about it:
My brother told me that "Opera" browser has a built-in torrent manager so I tried using it and wasn't that impressed...
So I searched a little and found that there is another browser with a built in torrent but i couldn't find its name or where to download it from.

Did you hear something about it?

Thx a lot!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

A quick answer, with a very quick WARNING -
Wyzo: A Browser with Built-in Support for Torrents
You realise that these are the people behind Warez, that pile of spyware infested crap that has been abandoned for the last nine months? I'd check your machine for adware now you've installed it... wouldn't trust this lot with anything.

#3 Mr.ArnOld

Mr.ArnOld

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

I'll advice you this... I dunno about the "Wyzo browser" security issues , but i just started to use browser called "torch".
I didn't want a separate software for torrents' downloading and then i found this browser.
To make it short - i'm now using it and can download torrents + magnets easily and pretty fast.
so Rob if you're worried about spyware and stuff i think you should get torch instead of wyzo because torch didn't caused me any problems.

Hope i helped!! :busy:

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

A link to the Main Page of Torch Browser
http://download.torchbrowser.com/TorchSetup.exe << = A direct link to Torch Browser setup -
http://www.torchbrowser.com/support/faq <<= A direct link to Torch FAQ area -
http://www.torchbrowser.com/terms <<= A link to Terms of Use from their site -

Always make sure that you are using a decent Antivirus at all times, regardless of the browser that you use -

#5 Rob_ER

Rob_ER
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:39 AM

Thx for your answers!
I've just downloaded this Torch browser and I find it very cool and useful so far.
In addition to the torrent manager (which is super-fast! I must say it surprised me), I mostly use the "video grabber" button it has to download videos from almost every site I tried (metacafe, youtube, vimeo...).

You should try it too!
:thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users