Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best MS Wireless Mouse

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SubMariner

SubMariner

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

I have a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 that is being a bit finicky: sometimes it simply refuses to "click" on anything.

I've put in new batteries, cleaned the laser, re-synched it with the wireless desktop receiver, checked the signal strength... everything is ok. Yet the problem keeps popping up.

So, I'm thinking that I might need a new mouse.

Since I have a Microsoft 3000 Wireless keyboard as well I would prefer to stick with MS, even though I know there may well be a better performing Logitech etc out there; I just want to minimize the possibility of any conflicts, esp since I'm using Windows Vista Business.

BTW, I don't do any gaming, so it doesn't have to be the "latest & greatest" for that function.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

=SubMariner=

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

I recently had to replace my wired Microsoft mouse. When I looked at mice in various stores I was looking for a wired mouse that had the one feature I wanted-buttons on each side that could be programmed to back/forward navigation. I did not find one that had that feature.

The Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 DID have those buttons on each side. I purchased the mouse and so far it works great. I've had no issues with it.

The side buttons can be programmed for other functions or disabled if you don't want to use them for anything.

I got mine at Office Depot.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 04 July 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#3 SubMariner

SubMariner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

Apparently, if I want to get a new MS mouse it will cost me almost as much as a new keyboard/mouse combo. PLUS there is the added complication of having to install a separate USB receiver for the new mouse. Waaaaay too much hassle.

So I guess if the mouse in fact goes, I'll be looking at getting a new wireless keyboard & mouse combo. Time to start a different thread. <heheheh>

=SubMariner=

#4 gobob2

gobob2

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

My linkhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Wireless-Mouse-5000-Bluetrack-MGC-00001-/320770270694?pt=Mice&hash=item4aaf65e5e6

Check ebay. I got mine there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users